We are proud to present our annual ‘jewel in the crown’ – the Grand Salon – to be held Sunday, June 3, 2018 from 5 to 8 PM
This elegant event will be held at a spectacular oceanfront estate on the Palos Verdes Peninsula. Fine wines and delectable food tastings from selected South Bay gourmet restaurants will be offered prior to a world-class musical performance.
Our annual Grand Salon is celebrated not only for superior music, wine, food, and conviviality, but also as an opportunity to bid on unique Silent Auction prizes. All proceeds benefit youth music education programs in the South Bay.
This year’s activities and prizes range from:
- exotic member-catered meals will transport you from the best of southern California cuisine – with chimes! – to the regions of Italy, or on safari in Africa
- enlightening outings include the Irvine Museum collection of California Impressionists, a tour of Homeboy Industries, or a world-premiere King Tut exhibition at the California Science Center
- join a party with a difference, whether Paint and Pinot, Birding and Photography, or the ever-popular Oktoberfest
- get away on a break to Cathedral City, the Central Coast, Paso Robles – both with wine tastings! – or perhaps you fancy the west coast of Ireland
- entertainment packages include Hello Dolly!, Tennessee Williams, and tickets to the Ahmanson, Glendale Center Theater or the Hollywood Bowl
- and the list continues with golfing packages, spa packages, unique take-home pieces including freshwater pearls, a Philippi bowl, an Artiphon instrument (look it up!) and iconic Hollywood Bowl posters
In addition, we will be holding a LIVE AUCTION immediately prior to the musical performance, for two nights in a two-bedroom Oceanside Casita at Terranea.
OUR FEATURED ARTISTS
Kristine Whitson, violinist, began violin and piano lessons at age four. She studied at the Menuhin Academy in Switzerland, Indiana University, Kneisel Hall in Maine, and at Music Academy of the West. Kristine has a Bachelor’s Degree in Performance from the New England Conservatory. She joined the Los Angeles Philharmonic is November 1990, and has also performed in its Green Umbrella and Chamber Music Series.
Kristine will be supported by Dale Hikawa Silverman, violist, and Junko Ueno Garrett, pianist.
Dale graduated from Roosevelt University in Chicago in 1973 with a degree in violin performance. After two years with the St. Louis Symphony, she joined the Los Angeles Philharmoic. Despite her love of violin, she soon decided to switch to viola and became associate principal.
Junko trained in piano at Toho Gakuen School of Music in Tokyo and later studied at Rice University. During the 2017-2018 season, she will perform in Hong Kong and numerous Los Angeles area venues, including with the Los Angeles Philharmonic’s Chamber Music Series.
Reservations are limited and tickets are selling fast! Please purchase your tickets early to avoid disappointment.
Tickets are $175 per person. Our Benefactor level $1000 contribution includes two reserved seats and acknowledgment in the program.
For further information, please call 310-375-3895 or email email@example.com.
The Peninsula Committee Los Angeles Philharmonic is a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) corporation — ID #23-7169837