The Peninsula Committee Los Angeles Philharmonic
is proud to present an evening of
world class music, fine wine, and gourmet tastings
at the seaside estate of
Carolyn and Julian Elliott
Palos Verdes Estates
Sunday, May 31, 2015
5 to 8 o’clock in the evening
Tickets $175 – by invitation only
Contact us at 310-544-1885
Become a Benefactor for a contribution of $1000 or more
and receive two tickets with reserved seating
and recognition in the program.
To make a donation in any amount
contact us at 310-544-1885
We are a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization
Members of the Los Angeles Philharmonic
BEN ULLERY is Assistant Principal Viola of the Los Angeles Philharmonic, a position he has held since 2012. Prior to moving to L.A. he spent three seasons as a member of the Minnesota Orchestra. He is a graduate of the Oberlin Conservatory, where he received numerous honors upon graduation. He later attended New England Conservatory and the Colburn School in Los Angeles. Ullery is a founding member of the San Julian String Quartet, an ensemble that has played recitals throughout Los Angeles, including the LA Phil’s chamber series in Walt Disney Concert Hall.
ROBERT deMAINE is a virtuoso cellist who has been hailed by The New York Times as “an artist who makes one hang on every note.” He has distinguished himself as one of the finest and most versatile instrumentalists of his generation, performing to critical acclaim as soloist, recitalist, orchestral principal, recording artist, and chamber musician. In 2012, he was invited to join the Los Angeles Philharmonic as principal cello. As a composer, deMaine has written several works for the cello, including a set of twelve Etudes-Caprices. He performs on an immaculately preserved Venetian cello made in 1748 by Domenico Busan.
JIN-SHAN DAI is a dynamic violinist who has performed extensively throughout North America, Europe, and Asia. He joined the Los Angeles Philharmonic in 2010. He was a member of the Toronto Symphony from 2004 to 2010, and made his debut as a soloist with that orchestra in 2008. A native of China, Mr. Dai studied at the Central Conservatory of Music in Beijing before moving to the U.S. at the age of 17. At home in Los Angeles, Dai frequently appears in the Philharmonic’s Chamber Music Society and Green Umbrella new music series.
Gifts at our silent auction include these exciting items:
● An evening of music with David Benoit performing in a private home, including a gourmet dinner with Michael Shafer of the Depot Restaurant
● 2 Irish Getaways – One week stay in a charming cottage. Begorra! (2 different items)
● Sunset cruise on a private yacht around LA Harbor
● Ride on the Goodyear Blimp for 2
● Hollywood Bowl backstage tour with lunch at the Cottage
● Outing to Union Station with lunch at Philippe’s
● Tour of the Weisman Art Collection with lunch at The Polo Lounge
● and many more…
Programs supported by the proceeds from the Auction include:
● Instrumental Music Classes for grades 4 through 12
● Music in the Garden, a concert held at the South Coast Botanic Garden where young South Bay musicians perform for a public audience
● Norris Theatre Concert, a performance of live music for PVPUSD 5th graders
● Toyota Symphonies for Youth, a concert series that includes bus transportation to Walt Disney Concert Hall to hear performances by the LA Philharmonic
● Music Mobile, a hands-on introduction to the instruments of a symphony orchestra for 3rd graders in 23 Peninsula and South Bay schools
Talented music students from the local community will perform prior to the main program.
Further information is coming soon.
Gourmet Tastings Provided by
837 Silver Spur Road, Rolling Hills Estates 90274
1611 Catalina Ave., Redondo Beach 90277
777 Deep Valley Dr., Rolling Hills Estates 90275
4525 Calle Mayor, Torrance 90505
Lou’s on the Hill
24590 Hawthorne Blvd., Torrance 90505
1814 S. Pacific Coast Highway, Redondo Beach 90277
Rock & Brews
6300 Pacific Coast Highway, Redondo Beach 90277
Golden Cove, Malaga Cove, Redondo Beach, Rolling Hills Estates